Friday 3 February 2012

Alter It! Bloggers Challenge


An altered Roll in all it's glory! I made a Hollywood film roll for my daughter.
She loves the elegance of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn so I thought she would like this for her birthday. 
 First I covered the roll with a digi paper with a vintage looking print of cream roses on green background. Then punched out my film roll edges from black card and then added the photo's I had from stock and a little verse.Then I stuck the black card onto the prepared roll. Then it was ready to decorate.

I made two flowers using different techniques and added  these to the top of the roll and also added some Prima flowers to the back to add interest.


This is how it all began. Oh! what a transformation haha!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift. From small beginnings come great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is fantastic! Love it. What a unique and beautiful piece of art you have created. It reminds me of an old roll of film I saved because of a problem I had getting it into an old camera years before digital...you have indeed given me an idea to use that roll in a smaller version..perhaps using a pill container. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty, Vee. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant alteration! This is just gorgeous, but I did get a pretty good laugh at the TP roll! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's truly elegant! (I love the TP roll base!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never thought there were two empty tp rolls in your masterpiece ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply Stunning! Who would have thought an empty toliet paper roll could be altered so beautifully! Very clever! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing altered movie roll!! Im sure your daughter will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Hollywood roll is fabulous! Your daughter will love it. Audrey and Grace were stunning ladies. Who knew a toilet paper roll could look so classy!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vee: this is so cool and I'm sure your daughter will love it! Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW! What a transformation .. talk about 'altered' art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this! Amazing idea! It's absolutely so darling!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you all and do appreciate your valuable comments Hugs Vee x